Today, I had a hotdog sandwich at Potbelly's. I'm glad I finished eating it during lunch break. It's embarrassing to have leftovers. I don't want my office buddies to think that I have an eating disorder or something. My body still can't handle American food. It's so much for one seating! And I can't believe that it's been 10 days since the last time I had rice in my system. I am craving for Filipino food. I am craving for RICE!!!
Anyway, I found out that one of the hotel employees here is actually a Filipino. I knew it! The first time I saw him, I already had a feeling that he is Pinoy. Since I've been isolating myself from the outside world, I did not have the guts to confirm it only today. And his name is Jose. He thought that I was from Vietnam. Ooh do I look like a Saigon whore?! I like Miss Saigon but I did not expect that I look like a Vietnamese. On the side: watch out for the Saigon whore story in the coming days.
I miss the Philippines but I think I'm starting to like it here.
So far, the greatest realization for this trip is that I should learn how to drive! This whole suburb immersion ALMOST made me nuts.
Toodles. It's 12 A.M. I still have to go to work tomorrow... or later. :)
I have to admit though that I'm waiting for his email... I miss him. :(
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment